Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Learn from the mistakes of others.

As a young girl growing up, they told me that there's nothing I couldn't do. Apparently they were right.

Today I did the impossible. I burned myself on the.... (big deep breath) .... the dishwasher.

Yes, the dishwasher. While cleaning out the filter element, I pulled out the lower rack, unscrewed the filters and gave the machine a cursory run through with a little bleach. I didn't realize the heat dry switch was on. That little heating element at the bottom of the pan got me good on the top of my hand while reattaching the filters. *&^%#@!*&.

So today's lesson is this: if it's called a "Heating element" we all now know what to expect.

No comments: