Lead Safe Work Practices Class
Thursday 4/16/09 AT6 pm to 8:30 pm
Newport Brighton Center
8th and Central
Newport, KY 41071
Who is the class for?
· Homeowners doing renovation, repainting, or remodeling work where lead-based paint may be encountered
· Building supervisors and landlords
· Homeowners and property owners associations
· Community and social service organizations
· Home (or code) inspectors
· Maintenance workers
· State and local municipal agencies
NOTE: This class does not satisfy HUD requirements for lead safe training for workers on federally funded projects between $5k and $25k. Please call for more info if you need a class for this purpose.
What will be covered?
This class will teach attendees lead-safe work practices and the strategies for implementing them. Many homes built before 1978 contain lead-based paint, so it is important that renovation, remodeling and repair activities use methods that reduce and control dust and debris created during work. Even a small amount of dust can pose a serious health risk to children and families.
Is there a cost involved?
Class is free of charge
Is there a deadline for registration?
To register call
Tony Powell at 859.363.2049