Thursday, May 28, 2009
Compost bin completed!!
Ok, I finished screwing the tops together and attached them with hinges. It was, after all, a rather simple construction project. The hard part was figuring out what we wanted. What we got was probably a lot bigger than we'll need, but we'll have one hell of a garden in 2 years, I guarantee. In the meantime (while we're not using one side) we can store pots, diggers, hoses and the like in that part.
And it's tucked away in the back of the yard near the parking area ... now I know where I'm going to plant all of those extra hollyhocks-- IN FRONT of the bin!
If you get a chance, check out Julia's Weekly Blog Party.